A.C.C.E.S.S. - Approaching the Cause of Children Exposed to Secondhand Smoke
Launched: November 10, 2010
- To Protect and Save the Lives of Children from Secondhand Smoke
- To Create the Next Generation of Non-Smokers
- To Promote Unity in our Communities
- Through Education, Visualization, and Communication
- If we REACH them when they are CHILDREN, we won’t have to TREAT them
when they are ADULTS.
The Birth of A.C.C.E.S.S.:
I recently witnessed the irritation on a little child’s face
Sitting, trapped in her ‘parent’s’ lap, secondhand smoke was in the place
Two weeks later I held in my arms, a newborn babe full of charm
I looked at him closely as he took short breaths
To my surprise I never would have guessed
He had been exposed to secondhand smoke
I realized more & more This was not a joke!
I began to think, what can I do to help
Protect children everywhere so they can be kept
From this horror, I vowed to do my best
Thus birth the name we now call ACCESS.